Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Babuschka"

These are some pictures which have inspired me and made me think about my further work.
The Babuschka contains another Babuschka doll within another, so they are piled in each other.
In relation to my work this may be one form I can explore my work.

Definition:
A matryoshka doll, also known as a Russian nesting doll or a babushka doll, is a set of dolls of decreasing sizes placed one inside the other. The word "matryoshka" (матрёшка) is derived from the Russian female first name "Matryona" (Матрёна). The word "babuschka" is the Russian word for grandmother.

The original Babuschka











and some abstract version of it which is quite interesting

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vera,

    Viktor and Rolfs 2010 collection could also be of interest

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkrK31gfSc

    ReplyDelete